Home Staging Consult:
What happens when you call me?
I have had lovely clients since I’ve opened my business, all of whom have been happy with the staging I’ve done for them. You too could be one of my happy clients!
I am fully trained in (advanced) home staging through International Institute of Home Staging. Along with my interior design knowledge, this makes me a good person to call if you are thinking of selling your home but it requires some “fine tuning” prior to marketing.
Part of my job is to keep up with current design and real estate trends so I have an idea of what buyers will expect. Buyers want to envision themselves living in a home, doing the things they like to do. Under 10% of people can look past a cluttered or old fashioned home and see what it could be; others need visual stimulation which is achieved by staging to the target buyer.
Prior to your consult, I will use the details I have on your property to:
- research your area to determine target buyer (eg. family, young professional couple, single)
- search the internet for similar homes to yours in your area
- determine what you get for your money
- investigate what sells homes in your suburb (eg. swimming pool, proximity to schools, parks)
At the initial consultation I will:
- thoroughly inspect your home’s exterior and interior in detail
- give you recommendations on what needs doing. If you wish, I can do a comprehensive report/checklist (taking your budget into account) which I email to you; or you can take notes as I go
- assist in small arranging/moving furniture tasks if there is time left in the consultation
- discuss if you would like me to assist further (eg. hiring extra furniture). I can do as little or as much as you like.
- source accessories or furniture items on the net and send you the details; or I can do the shopping for you.
- give you useful checklists on various stages of the selling and moving process
Home staging for properties on the market but not selling
“The investment in staging is always less than your first price reduction” - Barb Schwarz (Creator of Home Staging)
If your home is already on the property market, feedback should be obtained from your realtor; he/she can pass on comments from viewers at your open inspections. This will help us ascertain what issues need addressing; if your property is missing the “wow” that appeals to buyers, or if there is another issue to contend with. It may be something as simple as the layout of the furniture; the wrong layout can make a room look small and crowded.
I’d love to chat with you if you would like more information about home staging. Contact details are on my website jennybhomestaging.com.au.